FLORIDA KEYS -- Throughout the Florida Keys, hotels, attractions and restaurants are offering a variety of summer deals and value-added incentives to enable visitors to stretch their summer vacation dollars.
The program is called "KeysKash," and is showcased on the Florida Keys Web site home page at www.fla-keys.com. The KeysKash program includes a list of more than 100 value-added offers from various Florida Keys businesses.
From admissions to area attractions to value-added offerings at restaurants and accommodations, the KeysKash program features a wide variety of savings opportunities for visitors.
- Keys Diver Snorkel Tours (www.keysdiver.com), a Key Largo snorkel tour operator, is offering a free underwater disposable 35 mm film camera with the purchase of four tour tickets to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary.
- In Marathon, Dolphin Research Center (www.dolphins.org) is providing reduced general-admission rates of $3 per visitor with a value-added coupon.
- The Wicker Guesthouse (www.wickerhousekw.com) in Key West has a Sunday-through-Thursday special providing a third night free for vacationers who purchase a room for two nights from June 1 to Oct. 16.
- But perhaps the most unique offer is free admission to a drag cabaret performance at the 801 Bourbon St. Pub (www.bourbonstpub.com), a popular Key West gay bar.
Besides KeysKash value-added deals, several resorts and hotels are offering additional summer travel incentives.
- At Key Largo's Dove Creek Lodge, guests who stay Friday and Saturday nights can get a late four p.m. checkout and enjoy complimentary brunch for two at Snappers Waterfront Restaurant next door. The offer is good through Labor Day. For information, visit www.dovecreeklodge.com.
- Islamorada's Cheeca Lodge Spa is offering guests a 15 percent savings through their Bed and Breakfast Package and Romance Getaway Package. The first offer includes an island-inspired breakfast buffet for two and the romance special includes two nights' accommodations, chilled champagne and one dinner for two. The packages are good through Dec. 19. For details, visit www.cheeca.com.
- The Southernmost Hotel Collection in Key West has a "36 Hours in Key West Package" with discounts on attractions, bike rentals and water sports for the duration of the stay. The package is good through Dec. 22. For details, visit www.southernmosthotelcollection.com.
- Florida residents get a 10 percent discount on room rates throughout the year at the Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort, with a similar deal at Key West's Old Town Manor bed and breakfast through Sept. 30. Blackout dates apply for both offers. Ocean Pointe Suites in the Upper Keys also is offering the 10 percent discount incentive, but with no blackout dates and the addition of two two-for-one beverage coupons. For information, visit www.marriottkeylargo.com, www.oldtownmanor.com and www.oceanpointesuites.com.
- The Doubletree Grand Key Resort in Key West is hoping to ease guests' gas crunch with a gas credit offer good through Dec. 19. Guests who book a minimum three-night stay and present a gas receipt for $25 or more purchased during their stay receive a $25 credit on their bill at checkout time. For more information, visit www.doubletreekeywest.com.
- A weekday stay, Monday through Wednesday, is billed as the "Summer Sensation" package at the Marquesa Hotel in Key West. The deal includes one two-course dinner for two as well as continental breakfast for two for two mornings. The offer begins June 1 and runs through Oct. 1. For more information, visit www.marquesa.com.
- Also in Key West, Beachside Resort Conference Center is offering 20 percent off a two- or three-bedroom suite as part of its summer family special -- and 10 percent off the room rate and a $50 resort dining credit on Sunday- through-Thursday stays. All offers are good through Sept. 30, but some blackout dates apply. For more information, visit www.beachsidekeywest.com.
To find out about area accommodations in the Florida Keys, call the Florida Keys Visitors Bureau at 1-800-FLA-KEYS (1-800-352-5397) or visit www.fla-keys.com.