The World's Top Underwater Photo & Video Festival May 13-21, 2006
Join Sport Diver's editor Ty Sawyer, the PADI Diving Society and some of the world's most famous underwater photographers for the Kona Classic.
As much an inspiring celebration of being a diver as photography competition, the week-long Kona Classic is unique because it celebrates the diving lifestyle and community. This renowned event gives underwater photographers and videographers opportunities to dive, shoot and learn with image-makers such as Eric Cheng, David Fleetham, Marty Snyderman and more. Daily seminars, critiques and diving will take your skills to the next level. Industry experts from Light & Motion and Underwater Photo Tech will teach you video shooting and editing techniques and provide free demo cameras to use. Great prizes will be given away, and the winning images will be published in Sport Diver magazine.
To sign up call 800-729-7234, ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org spaces for this event go quickly.
Event highlights included in the cost:
- Welcome reception
- Daily photography seminars given by the pros
- 5 days of two-tank boat dives
- Daily critiques
- Accommodations at the Royal Kona Resort
- Body Glove sunset cruise
- One night dive with the mantas
- Body Glove kids treasure hunt at Kailua Pier
- Special photo night given by the pros
- Awards ceremony
- Demo Point-n-shoot Digital camera available for use from U/W Photo Tech
- Demo Video Camera/housing packages available for use from Light & Motion
- Best Diver Image
- Best Image of the Competition
- NEW Best Photojournalist Set: A series of 6-10 images that tell a complete story about the essence/ experience of Kona.
NEW NOVICE CATEGORY
- Best Turtle Image
- Best Manta Ray Image
- Best Diver Image
- Best Video of the Competition
Reef Check - Special Open Photo Category
- Best Indicator Species Shot
VIDEO Category Open to Locals & Visitor's
- Best Video Of The Competition