- Average Water Temp: 80 degrees F
- What to Wear: Shorty or 3 mm wetsuit
- Average Viz: 70 feet
- When to Go: December through August to avoid poor viz from the Orinoco’s flow
- Maverick: A 300-foot passenger ferry, the Maverick was purpose-sunk in 1997 and, despite average viz, absolutely bursts with colors.
- Japanese Gardens: Sandy slope covered in barrel sponges. The effect looks like an underwater Japanese garden.
- Dutchman’s Reef: This rather plain-looking reef is home to some pretty wild critters, including rare short-lipped batfish and torpedo rays.
- Coral Gardens: One of the north’s most perfect reefs, healthy hard and soft corals are home to barracuda, playful French angels, turtles, morays and more.
- PADI Drift Diver Handle Tobago’s currents. Go to padi.com for more info.