Sea Quest i3 from Aqua Lung
The Sea Quest i3 is an innovative, new inflation system found exclusively in Sea Quest BCs. Its greatest asset is its simplicity and how intuitive it is to use. Move the lever up to go up; push it down to go down. What could be easier? What's more, when dumping air from the BC, the i3 opens all of the new Flat E-Valves at once. Gone are the days of deciding which valve to reach for based upon your orientation in the water.
The i3 allows you to take control of your diving. Mastering buoyancy control is one of the most difficult skills to learn. The i3 not only makes the skill easier but eliminates potential out-of-control-ascents caused by a diver reaching for the wrong dump valve. The i3 also allows for rapid location and activation of the inflator to establish buoyancy at the surface in case of an emergency.
The i3 is simple and intuitive. Move the lever up to go up; down to go down Convenient Unlike a traditional inflator at the end of a floppy hose, the i3 never moves. It is stationary at the same location where your left hand normally rests. It is always in the right place at the right time.
The i3 does not utilize pneumatics or hydraulics to activate the Flat E-Valves. Therefore, there is no possibility of failure due to leaks. Using push-rod technology, as found in aircraft, the design remains simple and robust.
The i3 is just plain fun to use.
• Intuitive design makes buoyancy control safer and easier
• Opens upper and lower dump valves simultaneously. No more thinking about which dump valve to reach for
• Over-molded lever prevents gloves from slipping off while using
• Increased flow rate over traditional inflators. Allows you to fill your BC faster
• Attached dust cap prevents contaminants from entering mechanism when not in use
• The i3 uses fewer parts and is easier to service compared to standard inflators
• Using the new lp hose grip, the lp hose can be attached or removed while wearing the BC.
This will satisfy instructional agency requirements to disconnect and reattach lp hose while training Flat E-Valves
• Extremely low profile reduces drag in the water
• Utilize a one-way valve to prevent water from back flushing in when all of the valves open at once
• Very easy to service
• Activated with push-rod technology making them very responsive