The greatest difficulty in properly sizing a woman's Buoyancy System is not finding a smaller size, or allowing for the bust, but lies in the fact that women's bodies have a defined waist where a waistband must fasten in order to secure the BC. At the same time, women tend to have both a shorter torso length and a lower center of buoyancy compared to men. So conventional buoyancy systems,which would ideally be worn lower for best balance and comfort, must be worn higher, around the narrowest part of the waist, in order to be secure. The Zena's twin waist and hip band system provides a way for women to securely position the weights and buoyancy below waist level, around the body's center of buoyancy. All of Zeagle's buoyancy systems are available with women's sizing options and can be adjusted to provide excellent fit and functionality for women divers.
The Zena BC, however, has been designed by women as a buoyancy system specifically for women. The twin straps adjust to fit waist and hips independently, while the elastic front panels provide outstanding fit and comfort. Zeagles patented PFS sizing system allows for the waist size, chest size, and torso length to be independently fitted. The Zena is designed to be fitted with the upper waistband at the natural waist, placing the weights and buoyancy low, around the body's center of buoyancy.
The Zena closes in the front with a heavy-duty zipper for a snug and secure, yet non-restrictive fit. A ripcord release weight system is standard.
- Elastic front panels with zipper closure for a comfortable, secure fit and a streamlined profile
- Dual waistbands allow weights to be positioned below waist level for superior comfort and balance.
- Component sizing fits waist, torso length, and chest size independently
- 34-lb capacity bladder (24-lb optional)
- 30-lb capacity Ripcord weight system
- 20-lb capacity rear mount weight system
- Expandable mesh "Quick Pocket" at waist
- 4 Stainless D-Rings