As digital cameras come of age, digital imaging is quickly replacing film for the vast majority of underwater photography. This is because the advantages of digital imaging more than outweigh those of film.
- Almost unlimited pictures no running out of film
- View and confirm results underwater
- No cost for film or processing cheaper in the long run
- Easy to control and adjust images in computer
- Simple to duplicate and send images
- Lower initial cost (especially with many used systems on the market)
- No need to bring a computer on your dive trips