The aluminum material used in the MDX series housings realizes a body that is both lightweight and strong. Because we envisioned photographers' harsh usage environments, the body was successfully brought to an even higher level of perfection through the implementation of anodized aluminum processing. The all-new high-rigidity, high-durability, high-precision MDX series demonstrates the highest levels of performance under a variety of shooting conditions.
- Controls almost all of the Canon EOS-1D/1Ds Mark III's essential functions underwater. Every detail of the housing is precision CNC machined. Ergonomically designed for ease of use.
- Manufactured from solid block aluminum alloy with all edges carefully polished for safety.
- The housing is protected by a highly corrosion resistant anodized (black) coating. The coating provides the housing from environmental corrosion and abrasions.
- Equipped with a 0.66x pick-up viewfinder standard.
- Both the main dial and quick control dial are operable while holding the hand grips due to advanced ergonomic design.
- Comes standard with two bulkhead connectors: one type-N connector (2-pin wired for manual) and one 6-pin wired connector (for dedicated TTL).
- Compatible with the Shutter-activated Focus Light (optional, factory modification is required).
- A built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to any water leakage.