An Electronic Regulator with Liquid Crystal Display
STATUS…… REASSURANCE THAT YOUR REGULATOR IS AT ITS OPTIMUM
Safety is of paramount importance to Apeks. The Status electronic first stage gives divers the option, for the first time ever, to visually check the condition of the first stage of the regulator using an integrated LCD display before actually commencing a dive. A correct medium pressure is essential if your regulator is to perform as it should.
The condition of the first stage is assessed by an internal micro-electronic computer, which checks the medium pressure during the initial opening of the cylinder valve. Information is displayed on an LCD screen protected and housed in the dry sealed chamber. Micro-electronics are both extremely accurate and reliable. Apeks has developed the micro-electronics of the Status specifically for the extreme underwater environment of SCUBA diving.
To keep your regulator in premium condition, it is vital that it is regularly serviced. Just like the warning light on the dashboard of many automobiles, the STATUS displays when it is time for servicing. This is based either by calendar months or the hours elapsed since you purchased the STATUS or last had it serviced. The diver is notified of the need for servicing by a flashing "SVC" indicator on the LCD screen. This will occur when the regulator is initially pressurized.
Understanding the STATUS
Q: What is medium pressure?
A: The first stage of any regulator system is designed to reduce incoming high pressure gas from the cylinder(s) to a more controllable medium or interstage pressure that goes down the hose to the second stage. This medium pressure is the driving force of the regulator. It is important that it remains within its ideal operating range. The STATUS gives the diver full confidence that the first stage is at its optimum before every dive.
The XTX50 Status also offers the following quality features:
• Over-balanced, diaphragm first stage with a pneumatically balanced second stage
• Medium pressure ports mounted on a rotating turret
• Environmental Dry Seal Technology keeps water out of the first stage and provides excellent coldwater capability
• Reversible second stage allows for RH or LH configuration
• Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE) Two sets of exhaust tees included
• Tactile and audible ratcheting Venturi lever mechanism
• Patented Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece eliminates jaw fatigue
• Compatible with nitrox up to EAN40 right out of the box
• Available in yoke or DIN connection
• Limited Lifetime Warranty & Free Parts Replacement Program
*The limited lifetime warranty period offered on Apeks regulators does not cover the electronic components of the Status regulators. Apeks offers a 24 months limited warranty related to these parts