It can be frustrating to surface from a dive or prepare for an upcoming scuba diving trip, only to find that your expensive wetsuit has a tear in it. Diving with a torn wetsuit can be counterproductive — cold water will seep in quick. Our Gear Editor Roger Roy breaks down how to easily repair a wetsuit tear in the video below.
Watch more dive hack videos like this
How To Repair a Wetsuit Tear
• Clean repair area inside and out with alcohol — remove all oil, sunblock, etc.
• With suit inside out, apply self-adhesive patch inside
• Turn right side out
• Brush a small amount of wetsuit glue along edges of tear
• Extend glue about ¼ inch beyond edges of tear
• Allow glue to cure per manufacturer’s instructions