ROATAN WHAT TO BRING
Visitors to Honduras must present a passport valid for at least three months. No visas are required for citizens of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, and most western European countries for tourist visits of up to 30 days. A ticket for return or onward travel is required. Citizens of other countries are required to obtain a tourist card, which can be purchased from Honduran consulates.
It is possible to obtain a visa extension once you are in Honduras. Contact the U.S. State Department for travel abroad questions and for travel alerts before you go.
What to Pack
- Dive gear if desired (Equipment rentals are readily available)
- Snorkel, mask, fins
- Bathing suits
- Beach cover ups
- Sandals with heel straps for walking
- Comfortable walking shorts
- Lightweight breathable tops or dresses for the ladies
- Sun hat
- Bug spray (watch out for sand fleas!)
- Poncho, if visiting during the rainy season