One of the unique things about Statia is that even though the island is tiny, and one of the least-touristy dive destinations around there is no lack of restaurants. For such a small island (approximately 11 square miles) you have a wide variety of culinary choices to explore. Statia's cuisine is an amalgam of many diverse cultures and includes influences from Africa, France, Holland, England, Spain, the West Indies and much more. Expatriates from countries such as Germany and America also offer their own versions of local fare as well. The list below is from the St. Eustatius Tourism website, but there are also many other resources to check out including frommers.com and caribbean.com.
The following list compiled from the St. Eustatius Tourist Office:
- Blue Bead Bar & Restaurant Specializing in Italian and French cuisine. Tel: 599-318-2873.
- Chinese Restaurant Serving an excellent variety of Chinese dishes. Tel: 599-318-2389.
- Chocolate Restaurant Serving a wonderful variety of typical local dishes. Tel: 599-318-2830/3025.
- Cool Corner Bar & Restaurant Specializing in Chinese cuisine. Tel: 599-318-2523
- Golden Era Hotel The restaurant specializes in West Indian, Creole and international cuisine. Tel: 599- 318 -2455
- Grill House Restaurant A Chinese restaurant with a variety of Chinese dishes. Located on Fort Oranjestraat. Tel: 599-318-2915
- Intermezzo Coffee Shop Specializing in coffee and coffee cocktails including espresso, latte, mocha, cappuccino and croissant sandwiches. Continental and English breakfast all day long. Tel: 599-318-2520.
- Inkerman Pizza Serving delicious homemade pizzas. Tel: 599-318-0036.
- Kings Well Bar & Restaurant Featuring prime U.S. beef, jaeger and wiener schnitzels. Breakfast served for hotel guests only. Lunch and dinner for the general public. Tel: 599-318-2538
- Ocean View Terrace Dine quietly on a protected terrace overlooking historic Fort Oranje. Great sunset views from your table. Tel: 599-318-2934.
- Old Gin House The Old Gin House Restaurant features French, American, and international dishes. Every evening a three course dinner is served. Tel: 599-318-2319
- Old Town Pizzeria Serving pizzas, sandwiches and seasoned baked whole chicken. Tel: 599-318-3131
- Sandbox Tree Bakery Make your choice of sandwiches and many more delicacies. Special cake orders for special occasions. Telephone: 599-318-2469/4704
- Smoke Alley Bar & Grill All food is homemade and cooked to order. Telephone & Fax: 599-318-2002
- Superburger Located on the main street. Serving burgers, sandwiches, shakes, ice cream and daily specials. Local breakfast and local hot dishes from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm. Telephone: 599-318-2412.
- Tropical Fruit Tree Serving a variety of Dominican dishes and pizzas. Tel: 599-318-3001
- Original Fruit Tree Serving a variety of local dishes. Tel: 599- 318- 2584