Today’s dive watches combine classic styling with practical functions — and, not surprisingly, are on the want-to-have lists of many divers. And why not?
Dive watches can be an indispensable tool underwater, but they are also a symbol of the rugged explorer in all of us, those of us who realized a dream when we got certified.
Purchase one of the 10 timepieces featured here, and celebrate past underwater adventures, as well as those to come.
Want more? Check out our Gear Guide to the Best Dive Watches.
- Quartz mechanism delivers precision time- keeping both at depth and on the surface
- Fluorescent hour, minute and second hands are easy to read in low-light conditions, and include a date window
- Unidirectional bezel is clearly marked for tracking dive time
An attractive and very affordable diver’s watch, the Cressi Manta is built with a stainless-steel case and a scratch-resistant crystal face, and offers the choice of a stainless bracelet or an extra-long rubber strap. it is water resistant to 330 feet.
Reactor Poseidon Titanium LE
- Casing is forged from solid titanium for the ultimate in corrosion resistance
- Band attaches to the casing with solid, threaded screw bars, dramatically increasing strength
- Tritium tubes and Superliminova material on dial markings and hands optimize low-light visibility
This limited-edition timepiece features dual rotating bezels and an exhibition case back that reveals the winding rotor for the 24-jewel mechanical movement. Depth tested to 3,300 feet, it’s packaged in a sturdy gift box with both titanium bracelet and rubber strap.
Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Depth Meter Chronograph
- Tracks your depth to 125 feet and includes a max-depth memory
- Screw-back case and screw-down crown protect the inner workings from water intrusion
- Nonreflective mineral crystal display makes for easy reading in bright sunlight
Eco-drive technology allows this watch/ depth meter to get its power from any light source — natural or artificial — and store it in a rechargeable lithium-ion cell, allowing the watch to run virtually forever. Water resistant to 666 feet, it comes with a black polyurethane strap.
Oris Pro Diver Pointer Moon
- Convenient meters-to-feet scale is engraved on the screwed-case back for quick reference
- Sapphire crystal is domed on both sides with an anti-reflective coating to enhance readability
- Replacement rubber strap, tools and waterproof storage case are included
Offering a titanium case, ceramic bezel and helium-release valve, the pointer moon indicates both a tidal range and lunar cycle. dials can be chosen to feature either the northern or southern hemisphere tide range. the watch is water resistant to 3,300 feet.
-Touch-receptive crystal technology
- Patented rubber-protected buttons help maintain watertight integrity and can be used below the surface
- Includes a swiss quartz eta movement, screw-down crown and limited two-year warranty
This do-it-all timepiece not only provides current depth, it also includes a digital chronograph, thermometer, alarm, perpetual- calendar date, compass and divers’ logbook. Water resistant to 330 feet, it is built with a stainless-steel casing and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
Oris Aquis Depth Gauge
- Includes a multipiece stainless-steel bracelet with extension and a rubber strap with changing tools
- Sapphire top glass is domed on both sides, both of which feature anti-reflective coating
- Movement rewinds automatically with a bidirectionally rotating rotor
In addition to watch functions, the dial provides a graduated delineator on the edge of the top ring that aligns with a yellow scale to indicate depth. Features include a stainless case, a unidirectional bezel and a black ceramic inlay. Water resistant to 1,640 feet.
Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500M Oracle
- Collection is tested by the u.s. navy seals
- Each watch undergoes more than 60 durability tests to guarantee reliability
- Team Oracle USA limited edition available by special order in tag heuer boutiques
Water resistant to 1,640 feet, the 500m oracle includes many features of the aquaracer series, including a unidirectional ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal and luminescent hands. it features a custom engraving on the case back and comes with either a bracelet or rubber strap.
Luminox Deep Dive 1511
- Has self-powered illumination with constant glow for 25 years, even in complete darkness
- Patent-pending bezel lock system that also protects the crown
- ISO 6425 certified to meet dive-watch standards for superior functioning
Individually tested to 1,625 feet, this rugged timepiece is made of pvd-plated 316l stainless. it’s built with a bezel lock system that doubles as a crown protector, an automatic helium release and a crown protection lever. the extra-thick sapphire crystal features a double-sided anti-reflective coating.
Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Nedu
- Twenty-one micro gas tubes light the dial and the hour, minute and second hands
- Stainless-steel and titanium bracelet features a patented folding buckle and extension system for wearing over thick exposure suits
- A choice of blue, white or black dials pro- vides crisp contrasts to digits and markings
Named after the navy’s experimental diving unit, this stainless-steel and titanium timepiece features a push-button bracelet buckle, a helium-release valve incorporated into the crown, and a top ceramic luminous unidirectional bezel.
Bulova Marine Star 98B178
- Matte-black dial uses green accents to maximize readability
- Luminous hands and markers combine with a luminous-tipped second hand for detailed data tracking
- Built with a rotating bezel that works with a ratcheting action and a screw-back case
Made from stainless steel that’s been finished with black-ion plating for durability, this dive watch is rugged and good looking. it is water resistant to 330 feet and features an easy-to- use double-push fold-over buckle with safety lock. it’s from Bulova’s marine star collection.