BELIZE - WHERE IS IT
Belize is located in Central America, just south of Mexico and east of Guatemala. An English-speaking democracy within the British Commonwealth, Belize's eastern coastline runs along the Caribbean and offers spectacular beaches, fascinating Mayan ruins and amazing diving.
The country itself spans about 8,800 square miles and is 180 miles long and approximately 68 miles wide. There are many cayes and uninhabited islands (more than 200) all along the coastline.
Belize weather is characterized by two seasons: a rainy and a dry season.
- The rainy season occurs from June to November when the rainfall can be substantial.
- When the dry season arrives, there is a sharp contrast from the wetter months.
- Belize annual rainfall ranges from 60 inches in the north to 160 inches in the south.
- Except for the southern regions, the rainfall is variable from year to year.
- The average temperature varies from 81°F along the coast to 69°F in the hills.
- The coldest month is January while the highest temperatures are experienced during the month of May.